Difference between Curaçao and Anjouan gambling licenses
Companies that wish to operate legally in the gambling industry often look to jurisdictions such as Curaçao and Anjouan. The reasons are obvious: any operating business must be licensed, and these jurisdictions are quite popular and offer good conditions.
Do you want to get one of these licenses, but do not know where to choose? We suggest you read this material.
Once you get this license, you will be able to operate in online gambling areas such as lotteries, sports betting, casinos, slot machines, and poker.
Here are the main advantages of this jurisdiction:
- the ability to obtain a license remotely;
- terms of obtaining a license – from 5 months;
- the ability to use cryptocurrency to make payments;
- gambling companies enjoy preferential taxation, which will be in effect until at least 2025. Such businesses do not pay VAT, and the tax rate is equal to 2%.
To get a license, you need to open a company in the country and hire a local director. The business must have a physical address and must provide a detailed description of its activities. The company must have minimum software and hold shareholder meetings.
The license holder must lease a server to store copies of the data. It is important to note that although there is such a requirement, it may not actually be fulfilled.
Documents needed to obtain a license:
- documents confirming the beneficiary's identity and address;
- income data;
- bank recommendation;
- data about the company and the software it uses;
- documents confirming payment of license fees;
- a document confirming the registration of the company with the Antilles Chamber of Commerce;
- data on the physical address of the company;
- hosting details;
- AML/CFT policies.
As mentioned above, if all requirements are met, you should be able to obtain your license in about 5 months.
The license of this state allows you to engage in the same activities as in the case of Curaçao: lotteries, sports betting, casinos, slot machines, poker.
The advantage of the license is 0% GGR tax for operators. In general, the timeframe for obtaining an Anjouan license is more acceptable than that of Curaçao. While in the case of Curaçao the process can take up to 5 months, the Anjouan license can usually be obtained in 3 months; this license also allows for cryptocurrency settlement.
To successfully complete the process, the directors, shareholders and beneficiaries of the company must undergo Due Diligence.
The difference between this license and Curaçao is that there is no requirement to register the company in this jurisdiction. The company can be opened in another offshore jurisdiction, for example, in Belize.
To pass the Due Diligence check, the main "actors" of the company must provide the following documents:
- a copy of a document proving identity and residential address;
- a letter of recommendation from a bank not older than 3 months;
- a professional letter of recommendation not older than 3 months. This may be a document from an accountant or a lawyer whose client the shareholder has been for at least two years;
- client questionnaire;
- a declaration form on the origin of funds.
Let us summarize and visualize the features of these licenses.
|Timeframe for obtaining a license
|up to 5 months
|up to 3 months
|Limited markets and territories
|Netherlands Caribbean (Bonaire, Aruba, Article, St. Maarten, Saba), Netherlands, France, USA
|Australia, Austria, Comoros, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, UK, USA and FATF blacklisted countries (Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Iran, Myanmar)
|Peculiarities of taxation
|no VAT, tax rate - 2%
|0% profit tax (GGR) for operators
|Obligation to register a company in a jurisdiction
|Difficulties of inspections
To increase your chances of obtaining a license, you can use the services of professionals. Intelligent Solution Group specialists are ready to support you throughout the entire process.
Our goal is to provide comprehensive support in the process of obtaining an online gambling license for your business. The process includes the following stages:
- analyzing the client's situation, identifying their goals, needs and expected outcome;
- preparation and collection of all necessary documents for company registration;
- company registration;
- obtaining a tax number;
- opening a bank account or an account in a payment system;
- preparation of documents for license application;
- filing an application, developing policies and regulations in accordance with AML/KYC requirements;
- obtaining a gambling license.